Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What a day!

Let me just start by saying, I'm so glad that it is finally bed time! We started our day with a horrible temper tantrum. It lasted for what seemed like forever. Eventually he settled down. Nap time came around at 11am. I usually let him nap and then play by himself in his room for a little bit. While he was napping, the washer repair lady called and said she would be at our house next. YAY!
About 1pm I went to get Brian from his room so he could eat his sandwich for lunch. That's when the day went bad! I first noticed a picture frame dismantled in his lap. When I got closer to take it from him, I noticed BLOOD! He wasn't crying or anything but he started getting upset when he saw me start to get worried. He had blood steaks on his hands, legs, shirt, face, sheets, and pillow. I tried to be postive while I took him downstairs and strapped him into his chair. I was cleaning him up and feeding him his sandwhich when the repair lady got here. I was still in slight panic mode because his finger was still drippig and I was still trying to evaluate whether or not he would need stitches. I let her in and try to explain the problem all while trying to keep cleaning, bandaging, and feeding Brian. He did soak a couple of bandaids but the bleeding did stop. Then Nathan wakes up and starts to cry because he is hungry! All of this happens in a span of about 10 minutes. In the end, I decided I didn't think Brian needed to go to the doctor, Nathan got fed, and my washer got fixed.
We played some and at 3 Brian went down for nap number 2. I could tell he was tired. He napped while I did much needed laundry. I got a strange feeling and went to check on him. My instincts were right! Brian found a tube of Balmex Diaper Cream! He had it on his shirt, legs, and on his mouth. I knew he had eaten some at that point. I brushed his teeth and then found the tube and read the dirctions on the back. It said to call Poison Control immediately. Great! I called and she told me that Balmex is pretty much non-toxic and that he would be fine. Whew! I was releived. I was so over it at this point that I couldn't wait for bedtime!
We managed to get thru the rest of the evening incident free! Brian is in bed and I am ready for Daddy to come home!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW!! sounds like you've had your hands full recently, hope everything goes a little better over the next few days