Friday, April 24, 2009

2 months and a general update

Nathan turned two months old today. I can't believe how fast the time has flown! It seems like it is going by so much faster this time. He is getting so big! I was able to actually get Brian and Nathan to sit together for a picture with out major incident. Previously, Nathan would have lost an eye or an arm, but this time Brian was very loving. I was impressed how well it went!

Nathan is getting stronger every day. He likes to "stand" by pushing up off my legs. His new favorite thing is to sleep on his tummy at night. Brian always slept on his tummy (shh don't tell the pediatrician). Nathan used to be fine on his back but now he really likes to be on his tummy. I get better sleep since now he doesn't have to sleep with me. Dean will be very happy with that too! His gas problems seem to be doing better since I started adding some formula to his bottle. He is in less pain now. We go in for his 2 month checkup on Wednesday. When he was weighed at 7 weeks he was 12 pounds 5 ounces. I'm very interested in what he weighs now. I think that is about it for him.

Brian is getting so smart! He is doing very well with his sign language. He says more, eat, milk, please, and thank you. He is also starting to try to talk a bit more. He is mimicking me a lot now. He says words in his own way that only mommy understands. Those words are lellow (yellow), boo (blue), bur (bird), mama, dada, na (Nathan) and nana (bananas). I just know he is really going to start talking soon! He is becoming more loving towards Nathan and doesn't want to harm him as much anymore. He still takes his pacifier from him but will usually return it to Nathan if I tell him to. He is getting so smart and is still a little daredevil. The toddler bed is going really well. He usually plays a bit in his room, then nap, then play again. Night time goes great. He goes right to sleep at night and plays in the morning. I like that a lot. It buys me some time to get ready to go down stairs. Overall he's doing great!

Dean is doing well too. He's tired of the boat already and wants to come back to his big bed. I've talked to him a lot and he made the mistake of telling me he doesn't do much work. I informed him that when he gets home I will make sure he works and I will go take a vacation. He didn't like that idea. Brian is starting to miss daddy. He calls for him all the time. I hope it doesn't get much worse. We are all ready for daddy to come home! If daddy is reading this, We love you and miss you!

On that note, I am going to wrap it up. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow...I can't believe it's been 2 months....lord...that has gone by fast...and the pictures of the boys...how absolutely adorable are they.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Kids,Just Grandma Michelle with a little note to say that I love you all(especially the pictures),miss you very much(wish we were closer)and have a wonderful day.