Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

Today we went to an Easter Egg Hunt at the park. I met up with Danielle and her son Jake who is the same age as Brian. They had the egg hunt separated into groups. I was worried that the little ones would be knocked down by big kids, but when I found out it was divided I was relieved. We were in the 1-3 year old group. We waited behind the plastic tape until they said "GO!" What I didn't expect was to practically be trampled! Not trampled by kids but by ADULTS! I couldn't believe they acted that way! I expected parents to be holding the child's hand and pointing to eggs and letting their child pick it up. Nope! It wasn't like that at all! There were parents dragging their kids, kids scooped up in their arms and the parents were running and picking up all the eggs. I was shocked. Brian and his friend Jake got two eggs each. There was probably at least 200+ eggs out there. I guess it's a good thing that they are young enough to not care about how many they got. The boys played with their 4 eggs for quite a while after we went and saw the Easter bunny. Brian got his face painted. It was supposed to be a baseball but she didn't get a chance to put the laces on it. Brian would have rather looked at her than me. We plated at the park for a little while before it started to get cloudy and chilly. Overall the boys had fun!

The eggs before the kids got them.

The Easter Bunny


Face painting


Playing with the eggs.


Brian and Jake playing.



1 comments:

Lesley said...

bad parents for being all overzealous....I'm glad he had a good time though...love the pic with the Easter Bunny.