Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A year ago today....

...I was in labor with Brian. It's hard to believe that 1 year ago Dean was in Bahrain and I was sitting at home having contractions 5 minutes apart writing him emails letting him know what was happening every minute. Even tho I knew he wouldn't read them right away since he was working. I think I sent him more than 15 emails that nite. I was timing the contractions and trying to relax. the contractions hurt but not enough to go to the hospital. I remember trying to take a nap since I knew I'd be at the hopsital soon, but Brian was making that impossible. I knew it was time to go to the hospital when my contracions were 3 minutes apart. I wrote Dean one last email before I left for the hospital tellling him that I was leaving and we were having a baby soon. Little did I know I would be catching every light red between my Mom's house and Maryview Hospital at 1am! I remember seeing the lighted christmas tree on top of the hopsital coming into sight and was so exctied becasue I knew we were close....

Check back tomorrow for the rest of the story!

One year later as I sit here and write this Nathan is making his presence known and I am having contractions of a different sort. At least I won't be going into labor today!

0 comments: