Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My baby turns 1!!!!

At 11:17am, 1 year ago, my little boy came into the world crying, weighing in at 6 pounds 14 ounces. A year later he is a happy, running, climbing, bouncing little man. He is a champion eater and will one day eat us out of house and home. At 12 months he is walking well, climbing the walls, and very strong willed. I can't believe my baby is 1 today! Happy Birthday Brian!

We had a birthday celebration today. It was a day full of fun stuff! We went and saw Santa at the mall and walked thru the Polar Express Snow Globes. After we battled the downtown traffic we headed home to eat some lunch and relax for a little bit. (Mommy was tired of walking)







I let him open his birthday present from us this afternoon. He got a TMX Elmo and 2 Sesame Street ABC books. He likes the box the Elmo came in more than the Elmo. Oh well. Maybe one day he will like it!






Once we recuperated we went to Olde Towne Portsmouth to see the Coleman's Nursery Collection. It used to be haused aat Coleman's Nursery but the buiding was torn downa few years ago and the Courthouse Galleries took over and display the collection. My mom took me to see it when I was younger and so I wanted to take Brian to see it too. He loved it!!!! His favorite thing was the train. He did a great job not touching the displays. I didn't even have to remind him. He was so aw struck that he could hardly walk. He reached out to hold my hand but wouldn't move his feet. I guess he couldn't think about walking while being so amazed. He stared at everything and it was so hard to get his attention to look at the camera. I guess he really liked it! I am still very amazed at how well he did with not touching. Even tho the little fence was only waist high to him he rarely even touched it. I think I will be taking him again next year!






When we got home I made dinner for us and then we enjoyed the rest of his birthday cake. Amazingly it was still very fresh and very moist. He seemed to like his cake again. We didn't give him nearly as much as at his party but just enough for him to try it. We had a great day today!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Happy Birthday Baby Boy...how sweet is he....isn't amazing how fast time flies....I miss already those first few days after he was born...and being a mommy was so new....It looks like he had an amazing birthday....and congrats to you...the first year down...

Anonymous said...

Where are the Christmas updates