Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Day!

Brian was up bright and early on Christmas Day. 8 am sharp! We took him downstairs and we let him open his presents. He got a learning toolbox from Mommy and Daddy and some stocking stuffers, and Santa brought him some finger paint. Dean got a GPS, some house shoes, a new head for his electric razor and socks. I got a new photo editing program and a bed skirt we needed for our bed. After we opened our presents I made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. That was a first for Brian. We relaxed for a little bit at home and watched the Disney Christmas Parade on TV. Brian absolutely loved it! He laughed at all the characters and was such a happy little boy!



After the parade ended we headed off to my moms. Brian got way to many toys from Grandma! He got a lot of noisy toys, some books, a moster truck with Elmo on it, an inflatable trampoline, some clothing and alot of other fun stuff! We got a fire escape ladder for the boys room which I am very glad to have. I'm not going to go into the other stuff but it was alot fo fun things and things we needed. The one thing I will mention is the awesome Denver Bronco blanket me and my mom made for Dean. He was so upset when I told him I made his mom one for Christmas and he wasn't going to get one this year. He was very surprised when he got one! We love it and it's very warm! After we opened presents we relaxed a bit and had some lunch and then Brian took a nap before we headed off to our next location.



Later that afternoon we headed off to my Granny and Granddaddy's house. We got to hang out with my grandparents, my Uncle Chip and his girlfriend Kristen, my Great Granny and my Mom. We had a fantastic dinner with them! In between dinner and presents we hung out and chatted and that's when it happened..... Brian, just like most kids experience at least once in their life, touched the hot oven door! I was outside bringing in the gifts and probably should ahve made sure someone had him instead of assuming someone was paying attention to him and he got curious when the turkey was coming out of the oven. I ran back in the house when I heard the screaming. I followed the sounds into the bathroom where my grandparents and my mom were running it under cool water and putting aloe on it. He was not a happy camper after that. Eventually he calmed down. We tried to open presents. That went ok. He had his happy moments and his not so happy moments. But during the not happy times we distracted him with snacks and he was fine. We got some really awesome gifts. We got a date nite movie pack with popcorn and candy, a walter filter pitcher, a George Foreman grill, a blanket and some other things. Brian got books, clothes, and a snowglobe with teddy bears in it. I know we got some other things but I put them away right away this year instead of letting them sit under the tree for weeks and now I can't remember what we got! We are very thankful tho for everything we got!

1 comments:

JimKels said...

Sounds like Christmas was wonderful! Wesleigh also has that tool bench and he loves it. We have already had to talk about not hitting people with the hammer!!
:-) I am sure glad that the burns weren't worse than they were. That is every mom's nightmare!! Our ovens at home are in the wall, so I don't worry about it, but that just reminds me that I need to be very mindful at other people's houses, b/c he can reach it! I am sorry you had to go through that! I also didn't know he got his finger smashed!!! Crazy kids!!!