Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Nathan's Pre-op visit

Nathan had his blood work done yesterday. He was a trooper up until the needle was in his arm. Eh, at least he was brave for a moment. lol. The nurse got the IV in with just one poke, unlike the 5 it took last time. He and I were very greatful for that! He got a sticker and a stuffed animal for all of his tears. I have to admit CHKD is great doing little things that make the kiddos happy!



Today Nathan had his pre-op appointment. We told them last week we didn't need an appointment since we had no questions, but yesterday they called and said to come in at 10am. My husband got home from work early so he could be home with Brian and I rushed out the door at 9:40am for a 10am appointment! If you know VA then you know that the tunnels here are notorious for horrible traffic. Well not today! Just a little traffic! I'm not sure what time I actually got into the office but my parking stub said 9:55. Lucky me! so anyways, on to the appointment. We were supposed to meet with Dr. Dilustro but he was still in surgery (don't want to rush that) so we had to meet with Dr. Magee instead. He walked me through the surgery again and explained what they did in all of its glorious details. I'll spare you on those.
Then we saw their pediatrician so that Nathan could be cleared for surgery. Nathan is in good health and in great shape for surgery! The only thing that would cancel it is if he gets a fever of 100.2 by Friday. Hoping for no mystery sickness in the next few days. The doctor also agreed with me that Nathan might be a bit behind in his gross motor skills. You might call me crazy but I have learned to listen to that mother's instinct and I just know that there is something not totally right. He told us to contact Early Intervention and get the ball rolling. It's better to be tested and not need help than to need it and not get it. So that is my job tomorrow!

0 comments: