Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An update 3 weeks after baby

So it has been three weeks since Nathan joined our family and boy is life just a tiny bit hectic! Where do I start?

Brian is so smart these days. His sign language has exploded and he points to the banana in his book and says "nana, nana"! I think he says "nana" more than "mama". That kid sure does love bananas! He's also become even more of a daredevil. Didn't think that was possible did you? He's advanced from climbing gates and cribs and has moved on to standing up on the seat of his bike. I haven't been able to get a picture of his standing all the way up just yet (I'm scared the flash will make him fall) but I will post a picture of him getting ready to stand up. He is starting to act out more, especially when he sees me nurse Nathan. He knows I can't do much to stop him so he really pushes the buttons.

Nathan is still a baby. He sleeps, eats, and poops. He is starting to make cooing noises which I think is really cute! He hasn't peed on us in almost a week now! Whoo hoo. Some of you may know that he would pee on us almost everytime we changed him in his early days. I guess he was making up for the fact that Brian rarely did that. It's amazing how different these boys are already.

Dean returns to work on Friday. I am not excited about that at all! In fact I'm dreading it just a little. He is ready to go back to work. I do have to say that he has been pretty awesome the last 3 weeks. He's been cooking and helping me clean up. He's also been great taking care of Brian.

I am doing well. I tried on my pre-baby jeans 11 days post-partum and they fit but were to tight to wear in public. I tried them on again today and I could probably wear them to the grocery store if I wanted to! I'm really excited about that. We are planning to start going to the gym together in a few weeks. I still have to be cleared by my doctor first. I guess that's about it for me.

As a whole we are doing well. Thanks for reading!

Brian getting ready to stand up on his bike.

0 comments: