Thursday, March 19, 2009

St. Patrick's Day and Dr. Appointments

No, I didn't take any pictures of the boys in green on St. Patrick's Day. Yes, I am a bad mom. I fully planned on it but I really didn't have any motivation to get both boys dressed in clothes. They were way to comfortable in their jammies. We weren't going anywhere and it always seemed like someone was asleep or eating every time I thought about it. I told myself that I would just take the pictures in the morning and post them. What's a day late? Well, Brian woke up in the middle of the night with flu like symptoms. 100.6 fever, shakes, chills, racing heart, and snot covered. We were up with him until about 2am and then I was up every two hours to feed Nathan.
The day after St. Patrick's Day came and I didn't feel like getting Brian out of his warm jammies and torture the snotty boy with sitting still for a picture. Plus, I was exhausted. Thursday (today) rolls around and I had to take Brian for his routine 15 month well child check-up. I dressed both boys in green and took the picture. Neither is looking at the camera and Brian barely sat still. But I challenge you to get a good picture of a three week old and a 15 month old who wants to poke his brothers eyes out. Good luck!
Eventually we got to the doctor's office and except for the little cold he's got, everything looks great. He weighs 21 pounds 12 ounces and is 31.5 inches tall. He got two vaccines and he didn't cry at all! That is a first for us! He usually cries and screams all the way to the car but not today! Not even a tear! We go back in 3 months.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

oh my goodness....ad double dose of sweetness...and I am so in love with little bitty babies...I could just squeeze him...

koreen (aka: winn) said...

cute cute boys... so lucky! I hope they're all better now.