Thursday, June 25, 2009

4 months and 18 months! And Harris Teeter

We went to the doctor today for the boy's checkups. Both boys got shots and neither of them cried!

Brian weighed in at 22 pounds and I think 33 inches (but it might have been 31). He is in the 25th percentile for his weight, 50th percentile for his height, and 75th percentile for his head. I asked the doctor about his slightly turned in foot and she said it will probably still straighten out, but we are watching it. He is in good working order.

Nathan weighed in at 16 pounds 9 ounces. I don't know his height because Dean was doing Nathan. He is in the 75th percentile for his weight and height and 90th percentile for his head. She is watching that to make sure there isn't another big jump. He is developmentally doing well so she thinks he probably just has a big head. She isn't worried about his weight but suggested that we hold off on solids until 6 months. That is fine with me. I'm certainly not in a hurry. He is also in good working order!

Luckily the nurses did both boys at the same time.We looked like a little factory. Picture the weight scale on one wall, the length scale on the opposite wall and Dean and I in the middle. We just picked up our kids off of one machine and turned and put them on the other. I heard numbers being called out and saw nurses writing them down. I can only imagine what it would be like if we had multiples. The appointment is hard enough trying to keep one entertained while the other is examined!

Other news around the house...
I went grocery shopping yesterday at Harris Teeter since they are doing a triple coupon event. Here is a picture of what I got...
3 Betty Crocker Warm Delights
3 Lysol 4 in 1 All Purpose cleaner
2 Tabasco Sauses
2 Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner
2 Colgate Advance Toothpaste
2 Colgate 360 Toothbrushes
Dial hand Soap
renuzit odor eliminator
Hot Shot bug spray
Hawaiian Bread
Ben and Jerry's Flipped Out ice cream
Lawry's Merinade
Lysol Bathroom cleaner

The total of my order was $63.22
The total paid out of my pocket was $0.00
Harris Teeter paid me $6.05!!!
By far my best trip ever!

That is about it for around here. Stay tuned for photos from our trip to the zoo!

0 comments: